Protection For Travellers
Don’t let your medical circumstances cloud your travel horizon…
A policy tailored to your individual needs…
If you have a medical condition, travel insurance will be your private medical insurance cover whilst you are away. The policy will protect you from medical bills if you have an accident or fall ill. The European arrangements for medical costs have been discontinued following Brexit, so suitable travel insurance is now more important than ever.
We offer a tailored insurance package that is as individual as you are. At MRSL Enterprise, doctors are on hand to assess travel related medical risks and to give direct medical input in the event of a claim.
Coronavirus/COVID-19 Cover: Policies can provide cover for emergency medical treatment & repatriation if you contract COVID-19 abroad. Additionally, policies can cover cancellation if you catch COVID-19 before you travel
Travel insurance and medical conditions- Frequently asked questions
Why do I need to declare all of my medical conditions?
Travel insurance acts like private medical insurance whilst you are abroad, protecting you from the risk of large medical bills if you fall ill or have an accident. We need to have an accurate picture of your current health and medical history, which means that you need to declare all existing medical conditions.
What counts as a pre-existing medical condition?
Your travel insurance for Medical Expenses and Repatriation and Cancellation or Curtailment due to illness will require that declare all of your existing medical conditions.
An existing or pre-existing medical condition is any condition which would cause you to answer yes to one of the following questions, or a previous medical condition which still has an impact on your current health.
- Have you taken any prescription medication or received medical treatment in the last 2 years?
- Have you attended a medical practitioner’s surgery, hospital or clinic (out-patient or in-patient) in the last 2 years?
- Are you awaiting any medical treatment or investigation?
- Have you been diagnosed by a medical practitioner as suffering from a terminal illness?
- Medical conditions which are controlled by medication, such as high cholesterol or high blood pressure must be declared.
- A medical condition from which you have recovered, but have still had check-ups or follow-up appointments for in the last 2 years needs to be declared.
- Conditions for which you have been prescribed medication must be declared, even if you have decided not to take the medication.
My travelling companion doesn’t have any medical conditions; can we be insured on the same policy?
We recommend that you and your travelling companions are all covered on the same travel insurance policy, regardless of whether they have any pre-existing medical conditions.
This means that your companions will also have cover if the holiday needs to be cancelled due to your existing medical condition. If you are all insured on different policies this is unlikely to be the case.